Aaron and Emma Washington noticed their young child had an unsightly pimple on the side of her face.
They thought it would go away on it’s own and decided to ignore it. Being new parents was hard enough work as it was and they didn’t need another things like this stressing them out.
But as they tried to ignore the weird pimple-like growth on the side of their baby’s face, it just kept growing larger and larger.
They knew that something was wrong. And luckily they decided to take their seven month-old to the doctor…
By the time the growth on the side of their infant’s face had swollen to the size of a golf ball, her parents knew they had made a mistake. They shouldn’t have ignored the weird thing for that long.
To right their wrong, which they said was due to the ignorance of being new parents, they rushed the little girl to the doctor. But the professional had never seen anything like it before.
While at first the doctor simply diagnosed the bump as a simple infection, it wasn’t long before everyone realized this wasn’t anything ordinary.
It was something much weirder than just an infection on the side of the girl’s face. And it most certainly was not a pimple or blocked pore.
The doctor decided he needed to do something before things got worse and baby got blood poisoning or something deadly.
He pinched the white thing that poked out of the girl’s face and the doctor started to pull.
As he pulled the thing out of the girl’s face it kept coming and coming. Then the doctor’s and the girl’s parents’ jaws all dropped.
- It was a feather.
Both her parents and doctor’s were extremely shocked to discover the baby had a feather in her face.
- No one is exactly sure how this happened.
The most plausible theory is the baby by accidentally inhaled the feather when she was in bed or near a down comforter. Apparently, the feather then pierced the inside of her cheek once it was inside her mouth.
From there the body started rejecting the feather. But since it had lodged into her flesh and was not in her digestive system, the only way the feather was going to make it’s way out of her body was to force it out through her skin.
Apparently, the baby’s body started pushing the feather through her skin inch by inch until it poked through and produced a pimple-like shape on the girl’s left cheek.
Even to this day, the parents and doctors are shocked that they witnessed it. It was akin to a medical miracle as there was never anything like it before or since.
There have been numerous reports of babies ingesting button batteries and other small objects, but they have never forced their way out through the cheek.
Have you ever seen anything as crazy as this with your children? Tell us your story in the comments! What is the weirdest health related issue you’ve ever witnessed in your lifetime?